Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Moment You Notice You're Not the Size You Were Before the Babies Arrived!

Took a pre-vacation trip to Target today.  "Gi-target", as Little Man would say.  But, anyway, Hubby had mentioned that we might get a chance to do the white-shirt-blue-jeans-on-the-beach pictures that we've admired in the past.  Of course, I got everyone else's stuff together before realizing that I didn't have a white shirt for myself that hadn't been around since the Clinton administration.  So, in my usual run to Target to get teeny, tiny shampoos and lotions, I naively thought I'd just pick up a white shirt to go with my jeans that finally fit again post-baby.

Ah, yes, the good ol' days of zipping in, picking up something cute, and zipping back out.  One more thing to remember fondly.  I found 6 shirts to try on.  Surely I'd get a winner, right?  I'd been kind to myself and gotten a size larger than I'd bought in the past.  No reason to stress over remaining baby weight less than 24 hours before spending a week in a swimsuit.  Struck out with 5 of the 6 shirts, and the last one is questionable.  Apparently I misjudged the size increase needed.  What an ego blow!  I know I look different than I did before my mama-body took over, but I shop for clothes so rarely that the inability to find ANYTHING tolerable to wear took me quite by surprise!

But, at the end of the day, I did find something that would work.  And, one of the advantages of having the kids?  No one's looking at me anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment