Monday, August 30, 2010

The Moment You Remember How Much Fun Your Husband Is...

What is the primary attribute that initially attracted you to your mate?  Looks?  Sense of Humor?  Adventurous spirit?  Ambition?  Love of children?

There are a few of us who are fortunate enough to have found a mate with at least a little bit of all those.  But, the first thing that really turned my head about my hubby is that, simply put, he's a LOT of fun!  He's willing to try all kinds of things, he loves to explore new places, and he just plain loves to have a good time.  Sometimes to the detriment of the appearance of the front yard, but I digress...

Over the weekend, we had a second-chance opportunity to go whitewater rafting with some new friends (the first chance was ruined by a fever bug Little Man was gracious enough to share with his none-too-appreciative Mommy).  Having grown up in Ocoee, within miles of the site of the 2006 Olympics, Hubby had been down the river in his distant past.  Even though I'd lived within a hour of the site myself for my entire life, I'd never had the privilege.  Neither of us are good swimmers, both more than a little skittish when water is over our heads, but we were game to give it a try.

And we are SO glad we did!  We were both nervous, but it was so worth it.  The friends we went with were, literally, world-class paddlers, so that certainly added to the fun (and made it less scary, these people KNOW what they're doing!).  But, most of all, I enjoyed getting away from the every-day ordinary to do something new and fun with my best friend.  I've spent the last 3 years watching him have fun with our kids, which I've enjoyed more than words can say.  However, I finally got a chance, for just a few hours, to have him and his fun-loving, adventurous self all for me!

Our relationship is far from perfect.  But, I'm so glad I've been given someone so much fun with which to live this imperfect life!

2 comments:

  1. It's great that your husband is your best friend and that you had a chance to have some fun. I work with your husband's sister and she is a lot of fun too so I guess it must run in the family!

    I loved reading your posts; they're so easy to read and I can relate to your moments of 'mommyhood'. I wish you the best in your blogging!

    Shelley Wigle

    ReplyDelete