Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Moment You Decide to Change Your Routine...

I am a routine driven kind of gal.  I like routines, I like order, I love schedules.  Since becoming a mom, I rarely have any of the above any more.  


Well, that's not true.


I have a routine.  Get woken up by kids.  Feed all children, the dog, and, if I'm feeling especially peppy, the hubby too.  Plop kids in front of movie/Disney channel to zip through the shower.  Etc.  Etc.  You get the picture.


I don't like my routine.  I function SO MUCH BETTER if I have a few moments of quiet to get my thoughts together before I have to be at someone's beck and call.  Hence the morning sprint to the shower to get a tiny bit of peace and quiet.


Enter the Maximize Your Mornings Challenge.
Inspired To Action Button


I'm starting Monday, with an ultimate goal of starting my days at 5:30.  With a usual kid wake-up time between 6:30 and 7, that will afford me an hour to an hour and a half of alone time to exercise, do Bible study (just picked up a study on the book of Judges), and plan my day.  Alone time...every day!  What a concept!  


Now I've just got to figure out how to get my tail out of the bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment